Thursday, November 10, 2016

Election, Vote and Democracy?

Democracy is a beautiful thing. A chance to vote for the leader you want. Then how come the person with the least votes gets elected. That I don´t understand, how is that a democracy, should the person with the largest number of votes not win. I do not care, who wins an election, I just care about the fact that it should done correctly. 

People are protesting on the streets about, how they do not want the person that has been elected. I asked them this; did you vote? If you do not vote you have no right to complain about it. If you did vote you have the right to protest as much as you like. I am sad to see a democracy, where people are voting for the person they hate the least. It makes me sad and that should not be possible in a proper democracy. A debate where both candidate insults each other is not politics and both of them should be ashamed of themselves. Debate should be about figuring out which way is the best for the country and the candidate should learn from each other not fight each other.   

What is happening to democracy and elections. Are this a sign that you might be dying. I truly do not hope that will be happening. We need to take our right to vote seriously and no matter what we must vote or else the right leader might not get chosen. I do not care about which person won the election, what I care about is that fact that few people actually decided to vote. It is embarrassing to see a democracy where over half of the population is not voting.

No comments:

Post a Comment